Delivery Driver & Furniture Installer
As a Delivery Driver & Furniture Installer for Slumberland Furniture, you’ll be expected to treat our customers and colleagues with utmost respect. We are looking for a high energy task master, hungry to serve and embrace a safe, fast paced work environment. You will deliver and set up furniture in customer's homes. Safety and smiling happy customers are your primary goals.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: Frequent
- overall rating
What makes a successful Delivery Driver & Furniture Installer at Slumberland?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Positive 10
- Trustworthy 10
- Personable 9
- Problem-solver 9
- Responsible 9
- Self-starter 8
- Team player
Working at Slumberland
"I joined the Slumberland Delivery team about a year ago. I would say some of the best things about delivery is every day is different. It is also really cool when you make customer’s days. For example, I delivered a chair to an elderly lady. She sat in the chair with a big smile and laughed. She said, 'It was so comfortable and she was ready for a nap.' She was so happy."- Karl G
"Some days it can be a challenging job, but most days are great. Being able to assist customers and bring a smile to their face is a major perk."- Dylan W
Including: Medical • Dental • Vision Healthcare Savings Account Dependent Care FSA • Health and Wellness Programs
A plan to save for the future. Employees can choose to save on a pre-tax or after-tax basis with our 401(k) and Roth(k) plans – with employer match!
Including: Adoption Cost Benefit Maternity and Paternity Leave • Child Care Subsidy
Paid Time Off
Including: Flex-time • Summer Fridays Holidays • Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Slumberland offers two disability plan types (Short-term and Long-term disability) to support qualified employees. We have your back!
OTHER FINANCIAL WELLBEING & LIFE BALANCE BENEFITS — Available to all full-time and part-time employees.
Delivery Driver & In-Home Furniture Installer -- Training Provided!
When you become part of the Slumberland Family, you're given 100% support to ensure your success. From on-site job training, consistent hours (even through holidays), a ton of benefits, and a safe atmosphere; the Slumberland Furniture Delivery Team is one of the best!
Slumberland is a family-owned company, ranking within the top 20 for both furniture and bedding retailers in the nation.
We are your neighborhood furniture store while being # in La-Z-Boy & Sealy.
Outstanding Support -- We Really Do Care:
You don't want to just work at a job. You're looking for a career -- a career with scope for growth and earning potential. If you're serious about success, we'll support you every step of the way.
Do you like to be rewarded?
- Substantial employee merchandise discount and family merchandise discount programs
- Our home delivery drivers earn a competitive hourly wage, on-the-job training, and career development(i.e. Individual Development Plans and Manager In Training Program)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability insurance
- Health savings account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Profit sharing, and 401k match
- Paid Time Off that accrues from day one, tuition reimbursement, and several other benefits
Do you like to like to ...
- Have variety in your day?
- Work independently to provide a positive customer experience?
- Contribute to a safety-focused work environment?
- Be provided with tools and equipment to complete your job?
- Receive world-class training?
- Improve the life of your customers?
Are you looking for a job that supports your healthy lifestyle? Home delivery drivers...
- Work in teams to lift, carry, and navigate items through obstacles in customer's homes
- Have convenient start times
- Home nightly
- Have consistent schedules with day shifts
- Working in both in-doors and out-doors
Your Success -- It's Assured:
At Slumberland, our products are new and fresh and we see healthy growth in the business year after year. That translates to success for you! Most of our current operations leaders were delivery personnel at one time. We promote from within through our Manager in Training position, and Individual Development Plans. We provide a culture that encourages employee engagement; a place where you are respected and your voice is heard!
- Passion and drive to reach your professional goals
- A genuine love for meeting new people
- Pride in your work environment as a team player
- Ability to pass DOT requirements; pass a criminal background check; pass a drug test
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter; provide direction; maintain accurate records
- A solid and reliable work ethic
- Flexibility to work throughout the week, day-shift schedules, in a fast-paced environment
EEOC StatementAn Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Information on race, gender and national origin will only be used for statistical and recordkeeping purposes, and will not be used in making any employment decisions. All information provided will be kept separate from your expression of interest. Providing this information is strictly voluntary, and you will not be subjected to any adverse action or treatment if you choose not to provide this information. If you do not choose to answer these questions, we ask that you select "Decline to Identify" for each question. Thank you for your voluntary cooperation.
About This Location
Owatonna, MinnesotaView Map