Primary Objective & Scope of Position:
Performs maintenance service or repairs in two or more skill areas, including carpentry, painting, plastering, machine or vehicle servicing, and installations using Store Design Elements for all Corporate locations to support the Slumberland brand.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Repair any problems before they have the chance to worsen.
- Repair and/or paint doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Perform routine maintenance, fixing structural damage which may include windows, doors, wall repairs, etc.
- Repair broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of fixtures.
- Apply preventative measures to reduce future problems, fixing potential safety hazards to prevent injuries.
- Painting and upkeep of building.
- Plumbing knowledge to address leaks, clogs or other drainage problems.
- Minor electrical capabilities to manage small issues with the site electricity.
- Performs carpentry that includes basic repairs.
- Troubleshoot issues and assess whether parts can be repaired or replaced.
- Notify Facility Manager if repairs are beyond your level of expertise.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Performs carpentry, tile repair, painting, and demolition.
- Provides recommendations on construction methods and use of materials.
- Complete specific projects and objectives professionally, thoroughly and in a timely manner in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Frequent travel to worksites throughout the upper Midwest according to plan.
- Orders parts, supplies, and equipment, as needed.
- Supplies budget planning of projects including cost estimates and requisitions
- Completes and submits necessary paperwork or reporting documents as required.
- Deliver all invoices weekly and provide monthly receipts for credit card purchases to Facility Manager for processing.
- Responds to Service Tickets as assigned.
- Attend team meetings as scheduled.
Vehicle Operation and Maintenance:
- Responsible for the safe and skillful operation of company vehicle in compliance with all traffic laws, company policies, and DOT requirements as applicable.
- Responsible for the maintenance and preventative care of vehicle.
- Brings vehicle to a service provider for repairs when needed.
- Maintains a safe and insurable driving record that will allow for driving of personal vehicle to conduct company business.
- Frequently lift or transfer up to 50lbs., and occasionally 80 to 100 lbs. Physically able to move furniture and accessories.
- Travel (including overnight travel), as needed.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to obtain and retain a DOT Health card.
- Skyjack Certification Required.
- Construction sites
- Extended hours
- Moving between locations
- Exposure to chemicals, hazards, noise and other environmental elements.
Power tools, carpentry equipment, floor scrubber, man lift, chemicals. Tools should be organized and clean after every shift.
Knowledge & Education:
2-4 years technical education or 6+ years of related training and experience. Basic understanding of electrical and plumbing.