Primary Objective & Scope of Position:
Lead the design and space planning execution of the Slumberland brand to life within our stores by partnering with external and cross-functional teams for delivery of project and build goals in alignment with our mission, principles and values.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Develop and manage project budgets and forecasting to ensure parameters are met and planned for.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve process and incorporate lean initiatives.
New Store Development
- Plan, manage and oversee the new store and remodel construction projects.
- Create interior and exterior schematic construction plans and layouts that exemplify the Slumberland brand and customer experience.
- Oversee onsite field coordination with construction team to facilitate project goals and timelines. This may include onsite visits.
- Coordinate the installation of merchandise at the new site, and oversee set-up and the final display of merchandise.
Existing Store Interiors
- Revise current store interiors and implement physical changes based on market changes, style and color trends to represent the Slumberland brand.
- Update computer generated floor plans to reflect the current merchandising direction of Slumberland. This includes changes in styles, categories and product displays to showcase the merchandise displays and brand message.
- Provide direction and assistance to the sales team and/or visual merchandising assistants on the maintenance and optimization of store layouts and displays.
Franchise Store Design Consultation
- Provide new franchise stores with direction on the initial store layout and merchandising display, including an initial computer generated floor layout.
- Serve as a resource during re-modeling and construction projects. This may include developing project concepts, drawings for construction, and an information source for design and construction planning or coordination.People Development
- Create an employee experience that inspires passion in the work, the team and the Slumberland brand; engaging in Slumberland's success, putting discretionary effort toward creating a positive customer experience.
- Provide leadership to the Store Planners and Merchandising team, and actively assist them in achieving their goals through constructive feedback, hands-on guidance, and on-time appraisals.
- Consult with Merchandise Buyers on the selection of new products and fabrics as requested. This may include visits to furniture markets and manufacturing facilities in order to best research, understand and incorporate the alignment of style, brand, and design elements.
- Serve as a resource for additional building and design projects as needed.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and consistently models safe behaviors and risk reduction procedures