The HR Risk & Safety Coordinator provides administrative support to the Risk Management and Safety Area by proactively managing activities around safety, insurance, claims and risk management. This role promotes safety awareness while ensuring compliance and improvements of environmental health and safety initiatives throughout the organization in alignment with company values mission and guiding principles.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
Management of Safety & Risk Reduction Programs
- Verifies completion of safety orientations, annual refresher training, and safety inspections to ensure all business units are compliant with OSHA standards.
- Analyzes safety audits and inspections and identifies potential hazards based on the data. Develops recommendations to promote continuous improvement in the reduction of risks.
- Provides follow up on all office ergonomic requests. Analyzes data related to ergonomic costs and identifies opportunities to drive injuries and associated costs lower.
- Coordinates maintenance of human resource systems for incident management
- Provides direction, training and resources to company on safety-related policies, practices and initiatives in partnership with Human Resources, Facilities, Leadership, Safety Committee Personnel and Vendors.
- Performs a full range of coordinator duties and assigned projects to support the Risk and Safety function.
- Promotes safety awareness and safety culture
Claims and Insurance Administration
- Facilitates investigation and collects documentation for claims (injury, auto, property and general liability,) including investigating, identifying root cause and documenting measures taken to prevent reoccurrence; provides updates to management regarding causal analysis and corrective actions.
- Manages claim progression and presents solutions to resolve disputed or litigated claims and cost containment. Works closely with customer service, business units, and leaders.
- Serves as a point of contact for occupational clinics and monitors employee workability status reports with management and service providers to promote a return to work transition.
- Provides reporting on costs, claims, billing, related to workers' compensation, property, general liability, or customer damage incidents.
- Ensures compilation and submission of incident recording and reporting as required by OSHA standards.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Risk Management and Safety preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service related skills and high sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop and maintain applicable professional and internal contacts, resources and networks.
- Strong computer skills and intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with Incident Management Systems and HRIS Systems preferred
- Human Resources Capacity. Problem Solving/Analysis. Project Management. Communication Proficiency. Ethical Conduct. Time Management.