Primary Objective & Scope of Position:
To serve as a partner of the delivery team as they inspect, load, deliver, and set-up merchandise for customers in a manner consistent with Mission Statement and company guidelines, in a safe, accurate manner.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Deliver merchandise in a safe and efficient manner. Co-establishes customer greeting, and assists with a pre-assessment for delivery. Under the direction of the driver, assists with the set up merchandise, delivery and returns with accuracy. Properly rewraps returned merchandise and reloads onto trucks. Throughout delivery process, re-shifts load to secure a safe and organized transport. Post shift, places merchandise in proper areas of the warehouse. Always conducts deliveries with dignity and respect for customers and their homes consistent with the Corporate Mission Statement; follows established guidelines. Remove all wrapping material, packaging, tie downs, and other waste generated from the delivery from the customers' home. Ensures the customer's home or establishment is left in order and free of damage. Ensures follow up regarding delivery or pickup including collection of discarded mattresses, documentation, etc.
- Assists with daily pre-trip inspections. Assists with maintaining clean delivery vehicles so as to keep trucks in top running order and to display to customers a professional, clean, and organized delivery.
- Consistently reports to work as scheduled ready and able to respond to routes, partners and tasks as assigned.
- Assists with the communication with dispatch throughout day regarding modifications or changes in delivery routes or specific deliveries as an assist to the driver. Assists with interpretation and reading of routes on the GPS system for driver navigation to established stops.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, roadmaps, and memos. Ability to write correspondence and to effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Work to complete all assigned deliveries during each shift in a flexible, creative and cooperative manner so as to limit customer dissatisfaction with product or experience. Maintain an index and completion percentage to standard or above.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and consistently models safe behaviors and risk reduction procedures