Primary Objective & Scope of Position:
To assist in the operational activity of the CPU Department and other areas of the company in a manner that will meet and exceed customer's expectations.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Accurately handling, changing, and depositing money taken as payment from customer as per cash handling sheet. Making sure supervisor is kept apprised of change so as to make sure cash register is adequately stocked.
- Acknowledge customers who approach the counter within 10 seconds with an appropriate greeting: "Welcome" or "I'll be right with you" are fine. "Here for a pick up" is not.
- Answering phones (within 3 rings) in a polite, professional, helpful, and timely manner, and directing calls to others as necessary.
- Preparation of orders in anticipation of customer's arrival, which includes thorough knowledge of computer information as it relates to availability of individual orders at any given time.
- Keeping track of sales orders relating to off-site inventory to ensure that CPU/Franchise drivers can transfer merchandise quickly and efficiently and that customer orders will be on-site at the time specified.
- Directing customers and others who utilize the area to appropriate personnel and departments.
- Ensuring that orders are paid in full and ready for pick up before merchandise is loaded into customer's vehicle.
- Accurately changes and modifies inventory records in the computer to satisfy both company inventory guidelines and customer expectations.
- Keys, changes, and finalizes all sales orders and credit memos necessary to facilitate customer's sales activity in various parts of the company including the Clearance Center.
- Responsible for all open/close responsibilities related with the CPU department office. This includes balancing/counting the cash drawer, the tallying of tickets, and going with a supervisor to deposit money and turn in the CPU mail.
- Keeps tally of pickup numbers and dollars and prints report using Excel to help Manager summarize past activity and plan for the future.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and professional work area in order to prepare for customer activity and operate as efficiently as possible.
- Responsible for attending and participating in departmental meetings. Reading and using email and its pertinent information.
- Process reports and initiate calling of customers to notify them that their merchandise is in and when it will be ready for pick up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and consistently models safe behaviors and risk reduction procedures
Have knowledge of the Radio Frequency (RF) inventory keeping system and how it interacts with our GERS computer system and our CPU personnel.