Primary Objective & Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for assisting customers over the phone and in store with administrative and operational duties including merchandise handling, display, receiving, shipping, delivery preparation, maintenance, and administrative tasks as well as Delivery services.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
Operations Support Functions:
- Answer phones, take messages, distribute/transfer calls.
- Assist customers and sales staff, schedule pick-ups, deliveries, payments, writing and adjusting sales orders, customer balances. Complete reports and scanning functions.
- Run/print price tags; tag merchandise.
- Balance cash drawer
- Assist in delivery of merchandise into customer's homes.
- Move and condense merchandise within locations to ensure space efficiency.
- Move merchandise to and from show floor; display or rewrap for storage, delivery, customer pickup or shipment.
- Use point of sale (POS) system to manage flow.
- Ensure accuracy on customer orders and system records
- Incoming: unload, identify, inspect, tag, and receive. Outgoing: unpack, inspect, assemble and wrap to ensure unblemished arrival.
- Notify leadership of inventory discrepancies found during inventory counts, receiving, picking, staging, and loading process to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Resolve basic and intermediate inventory discrepancies and report to manager, supervisor or lead.
- Communicate professionally with customers, colleagues, vendors. Ensure inventory accuracy by resolving discrepancies; keep management informed on inventory.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in order to go into customer homes.
- Lean practices. All other duties as directed by supervisor including working a different schedule or in a different location. Grounds and building maintenance; lighting assistance.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and consistently models safe behaviors and risk reduction procedures. Avoid damage to equipment/merchandise through proper handling, operating, and maintenance of equipment. Follow pre-established guidelines and manufacturers specifications. Maintain a safe, organized facility. Abide by company rules and expectations.
Ensure and maintain a safe and insurable driving record that will allow for driving a delivery truck in the market worked.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Equipment:
Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. and occasionally up to 200 lbs. Stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb (ladder), balance, turn around, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, and bend at the knees. Extensive walking on concrete floor. Near and farsighted vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk, hear. Regularly extended hours of more than 8 hour shift. May be excessive noise levels at times from trucks and equipment. In some markets, moving between buildings is required. Exposure to facility, lawn, and product chemicals. Exposure to inclement weather. Use bedding carts, pallet jack, dock plates, compactors, navigational device, 2-wheeled dolly, hand & power tools, computer, multi-function device, calculator, telephone.