Primary Objective & Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for performing duties associated with merchandise movement: storing, moving, and distributing product. Lead by example and provide some training to other employees.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Move and condense merchandise within locations to ensure space efficiency.
- Move merchandise to and from show floor; display or rewrap for storage, delivery, customer pickup or shipment.
- Use point of sale (POS) system to manage flow.
- Ensure accuracy on customer orders and system records
- Incoming: unload, identify, inspect, tag, and receive. Outgoing: unpack, inspect, assemble and wrap to ensure unblemished arrival.
- Lead by example. Provide some training to other employees.
- Communicate professionally with customers, colleagues, vendors. Ensure inventory accuracy by resolving discrepancies; keep management informed on inventory.
- Lean practices. All other duties as directed by supervisor including working a different schedule or in a different location. Grounds and building maintenance; lighting assistance.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and consistently models safe behaviors and risk reduction procedures. Avoid damage to equipment/merchandise through proper handling, operating, and maintenance of equipment. Follow pre-established guidelines and manufacturers specifications. Maintain a safe, organized facility. Abide by company rules and expectations.